Monday, July 29, 2013

Cherry Crunch

This is from the recipe drawer of Maxine.  I think that it is such a treasure when you find personalized notes on some of these recipes we are digging through.  Comment at the end of this one:  Good, Cheap & Easy!  Can it get any better than that?

1 c. quick oats
1/2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. margarine
1 can cherry pie filling

Combine oats, sugar & flour.
Cut in margarine until crumbly.
Place half of the mixture in the bottom of an 8 x 8 x 2 pan.
Spoon in pie filling.
Spread remaining mixture on top.
Bake 45 min. at 350 degrees.
Good, Cheap, & Easy.

My mom also had a great dessert using canned cherry pie filling.  I think it was called Cherry Delight and had a whipped topping in there somewhere.  Maybe I will have to "dig through" her recipe drawer and see if I can find that one.  No need to work harder than we have to when we have great prepared ingredients to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment