Monday, July 8, 2013

Melt In Your Mouth Biscuits -- Yes!!...They Do!

So the end of last week I posted a biscuit recipe from the drawer of Maxine.  As I told you all at that time, biscuits have always been an issue for me and I am constantly looking for just the right recipe.  I think I may have found it.


Since this recipe called for only 2 ingredients, I just had to give a try:  biscuit mix and cream... how much easier could it get.


1 3/4 c. prepared biscuit mix
1 c. cream

At first I thought that it looked like too much liquid for the amount of mix, but I just decided to follow the recipe as written.  I used a fork to stir it together.  It was very sticky!


Next, knead a few times on a floured surface.  I tried be very gentle here... remember you want your biscuits light and tender.  The flour on the counter worked into the dough and it became a really nice consistency.


It said to roll out the dough, but I just patted it out.  Then I used a round biscuit cutter that I stole from my mom when I left home.  From the looks of it, I think she had probably done the same thing.  There was a little cream left in my measuring cup and I just really didn't want to waste it...so I brushed the tops of the biscuits with just a little bit of cream.

10 minutes at 450 degrees.  The timing was spot on.  I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture, but the biscuits actually split in the middle.  They were ready for my butter and homemade raspberry jam!  The only thing I think I will do differently the next time I make them...and I will make them again...is that I will roll them out just a little thicker and adjust the cooking time by a minute or two.  You have got to try these biscuits... their name does not disappoint!  Get the full recipe here.



No comments:

Post a Comment