Friday, July 5, 2013

Melt In Your Mouth Biscuits

This is from the recipe drawer of Maxine.  Is there anything more finicky than making biscuits?  This recipe that was in Maxine's drawer and with only 2 ingredients, looks pretty simple.  I, for one, can't wait to give it a try.

1 3/4 c. prepared biscuit mix
1 c. heavy whipping cream

Measure biscuit mix into mixing bowl.
Stir in cream lightly.
Gather into a ball.
Knead for several seconds on floured board.
Roll out 1 inch thick.
Cut with small cookie cutter.
Place on baking sheet.
Place in middle of oven.
Bake at 450 degrees; 10 minutes

Making biscuits has never been my forte.  As a matter of fact, through the first 20 years of my marriage, my husband often declared that he preferred "whop-um" biscuits (you know, the ones that you buy in a can and "whop um" on the counter to open) to the ones that I would make with my trusty biscuit mix.  It hurt my feelings at first, especially since I consider myself a pretty good cook.  Then came frozen biscuits and that became the standard in my house until just recently.

In the last couple of years, I have started trying several different biscuit recipes and lo and behold, my husband has liked them.  This recipe looks like it will be a hit... what made of cream isn't good??

No comments:

Post a Comment