Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Salmon Ball

This is from the recipe drawer of Maxine.  So as I came across this recipe it made me wonder just how many different ways can you mix up cream cheese with a variety of ingredients to serve in a ball shape with crackers?  It seems that we are pretty obsessed with cream cheese balls...well, I know that I for one love them!!!

1 - 1lb can salmon
1 - 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 - T. lemon juice
2 - teaspoon grated onion
1 - teaspoon horseradish
1/4 - teaspoon salt
1/4 - teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 Tablespoon parsley


Drain & flake salmon; remove any skin or bones
Combine the salmon & cream cheese and all seasoning
Mix thorly (I assume this means "thoroughly")
Combine the pecan & parsley
Shape salmon in ball
Roll in nut mixture
Chill well
Serve with assorted or rye crackers

I must admit...this is a little more sophisticated than most cheese balls I am familiar with.  Maybe I'll try it for the next game and see if I can "up" the sophistication just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment