Sunday, March 27, 2016

Carrot Cake

This is from the recipe drawer of Ora. Now I never had a chance to dig through Ora's recipe drawer, but passed around the family, as all amazing recipes are, I do have this recipe in my own recipe journal. I am sure that I wrote it down from some slip of paper that my mom had, but I don't have a picture of the old recipe. So that means you are going to have to use your imagination to picture this fantastic decadent cake.

  • 2 c. sugar
  • 1 1/2 c. oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 c. flour
  • 2 t. baking soda
  • 2 t. salt
  • 1 t. cinnamon
  • 3 c. grated carrots
  • 1 c. chopped pecans
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1  - 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, untrained
  • 1 c. raisins
*Preheat oven to 350°.
*Cream together sugar, oil and eggs.
*In another bowl, blend together flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture.
*Then add remaining ingredients.
*Grease and flour layer cake pans or a 9 x 13 baking dish. Add batter to pans.
*Bake layers for 30-35 or 9 x 13 for 1 hour.

Cream Cheese Frosting:
  • 1 box of powdered sugar
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1 t. vanilla
*Sprinkle top of cake with chopped pecans.

Although there are no specific directions on the frosting, I am quite sure it is straightforward.  I am hoping you will give this one a try. It is extraordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment